Ford Certified Pre-Owned.
Only the Best Pass Our Test
Ford Certified Pre-Owned Before you hit the road in a Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, we put every car, truck, SUV and crossover to the test. Only the vehicles that pass our 172-point inspection become Ford Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicles.
Why Ford CPO?
- The Ford Certified Pre-Owned Program takes the risk out of buying a previously owned vehicle. Driving a Ford CPO vehicle means driving with the knowledge and confidence that the vehicle you purchased has been thoroughly inspected and comes with a manufacturer-backed limitedwarranty coverage.
- 12-month/12,000-mile Comprehensive Limited Warranty Coverage*
- 7-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty Coverage*
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance
- 172 points of inspection by certified mechanics
- Vehicle History Report
- Ford cars, SUVs, crossovers and trucks (up to 350-Series) that are current or five previous model years and have fewer than 80,000 miles can qualify
- A full tank of fuel, fresh oil and filter, and new wiper blades
- Service available at any Ford or Lincoln Dealer in the 50 states and Canada
In addition to peace of mind, each Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle comes with these benefits:
- Warranty – In addition to 12-month/12,000-mile Comprehensive Limited Warranty coverage, every Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle also comes with 7-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty coverage (ask your dealer for warranty details).
- Roadside Assistance – Roadside assistance is offered for the full duration of the Limited Warranty Coverage. That’s 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in case of a breakdown, blowout or bad weather. Roadside assistance includes:
- Travel expense reimbursement of up to $500 for up to three days of lodging, meals and rental vehicle – Destination expense assistance of up to $75 to cover the emergency cost of a taxi, shuttle or rental car to reach your destination
- Rental car reimbursement of up to $30 per day for up to five days if the vehicle requires overnight mechanical repairs
- 172-Point Inspection – Before any vehicle can be called a Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, it must pass a stringent 172-point inspection. Factory-trained technicians recondition any component that does not meet program standards, or they replace it with only new Ford Motorcraft® or Ford Authorized Remanufactured Parts. Ask your dealer for a copy of the Vehicle Inspection Checklist.
- Vehicle History Report – You’ll definitely know your vehicle’s history when you purchase a Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle. As part of the 172-point inspection process, a Vehicle History Report is run to identify any vehicle that does not meet Ford Certified Pre-Owned standards. Ask your dealer for a copy of this report.
Excellence and Value Combined
Ford Certified Pre-Owned Comprehensive Limited Warranty coverage, combined with the original Ford New-Vehicle Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty (if applicable), provides owners with long-lasting peace of mind for their Pre-Owned vehicle.
Ford Certified Pre-Owned Comprehensive Limited Warranty coverage is provided for 12 months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first) from the expiration of the Ford New-Vehicle Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty or the date of your Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Purchase, whichever comes later. The Ford Certified Pre-Owned Powertrain Limited Warranty provides coverage for seven years from the original Ford New-Vehicle Limited Warranty start date or a total of 100,000 miles on the odometer, whichever comes first. Each Ford CPO vehicle has a standard deductible of only $100 for the Comprehensive and Powertrain Limited Warranty, so should repairs be necessary, your cost will be minimal. Please see your dealer for warranty coverage details or refer to your plan provisions.
Comprehensive Limited Warranty Coverage
In addition to the 172-point inspection, every Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle comes with a comprehensive limited warranty covering more than 1000 components for 12 months/12,000 miles.* Areas of coverage include:
Powertrain Limited Warranty Coverage
On top of the comprehensive limited warranty coverage, we include seven-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty coverage with every Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle.* It covers the engine, transmission and more:
- Transferable to future owners at no extra cost
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance (towing, jump starts for dead batteries, flat-tire changes on-site and lockout services) is included for the duration of the powertrain limited warranty coverage
- Ford Extended Service Plans, which offer additional coverage, are available from any Ford or Lincoln Dealer
24-Hour Roadside Assistance
It’s 2:00 a.m., it’s snowing, and you just got a flat. No problem. Every Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle comes with complimentary roadside assistance available 24/7, 365 days a year. Areas of coverage include:
- Towing assistance of up to $100 for warranty and non-warranty problems, including accidents (excludes impound and repossession)
- Travel expense reimbursement of up to $500, for up to three days’ lodging, meals and rental vehicle for travel expenses accrued when the breakdown occurs more than 100 miles from home
- Destination expense assistance of up to $75 for emergency transportation to the immediate destination
- Rental car reimbursement of up to $30 per day for up to five days
- Fuel delivery if the vehicle runs out of fuel — up to two gallons at no charge
- Flat-tire changes on site
- Jump starts for dead batteries
- Lockout assistance of up to $50 to unlock vehicle doors
- Service throughout the 50 United States and Canada
Value of Ownership
There’s added value to a Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle. For example, each one includes both comprehensive limited warranty coverage and powertrain limited warranty coverage backed by Ford Motor Company. Every vehicle also goes through a rigorous 172-point inspection by Ford factory-trained dealer technicians. Any part(s) that doesn’t meet our standards is replaced with a Ford factory-authorized part. And then there’s the complimentary 24/7 roadside assistance. Considering all that you get, buying a Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle is a great investment.
CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™
To become Ford-certified, a pre-owned vehicle has to be less than six years old and have fewer than 80,000 miles on the odometer. A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is then run to identify any issues that don’t meet our standards. Areas checked include:
- Flood vehicles
- Fire damage
- Frame damage
- Salvage vehicles
- Branded title
- Odometer issues
- Accident history
- Vehicle title history
In addition, you can view the actual vehicle history report for a specific vehicle by simply searching our current inventory now. Or ask your dealer for a copy when you arrive at the dealership.
This page is intended to provide general information about Ford Certified Pre-Owned Comprehensive Limited Warranty Coverage. Please see dealer for details or refer to your plan provisions. Ford Certified Pre-Owned Comprehensive Limited Warranty Coverage is in addition to any remaining Ford New-Vehicle Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty Coverage. Repairs needed to any engine, transmission and final drive components caused by or resulting from a defect in a non-Ford component, such as an aftermarket-installed turbocharger, are not covered. In some cases, the use of Ford Authorized Remanufactured Parts is required after the expiration of the original Ford New-Vehicle Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty Coverage and the Ford Certified Pre-Owned Comprehensive Limited Warranty Coverage. See your dealer for complete details on the original Ford New-Vehicle Bumper-toBumper Limited Warranty. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to change program policy without incurring obligations.