One of the most popular work vans among business owners in Central New Jersey is the Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van and now it’s more capable, intelligent and efficient than ever.
That’s because the 2019 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van combines new money-saving powertrain options with the modern technologies that keep your company connected on the job and ensures the safety of your employees when traveling around town or on highways like I-78, the NJ Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway.
With that being said, let’s take a look at what’s new for this commercial van that still gives you up to 103.9 cubic feet of cargo space, offers a curb-to-curb turning diameter of 38.3 feet and tows up to 2,000 lbs.
2 New Engines Under the Hood
Some of the largest costs of owning a work van is driving it from Point A to Point B. Luckily, there are 2 options to pick from that’ll lessen those costs and they come with EcoMode & EcoCoach to monitors fuel economy & motivates driving behavior to increase fuel economy.
The first is a new 2.0L inline 4-cylinder engine with Auto Start-Stop that saves gas by turning the engine on and off in bumper-to-bumper & stop-and-go traffic. It’s paired with a new 8-speed automatic transmission designed to be more responsive when driving locally and cruising at reasonable speeds on the highway.
The second is a new 1.5L EcoBlue® diesel engine that also includes Auto Start-Sto and 8-speed automatic transmission. Not only is it unprecedented as being the only diesel in the segment, but the EPA estimates that the fuel economy rating is at least 30 mpg for highway driving.
2019 Ford Transit Connect Van Means Business
When you or your employees sit inside this new commercial van, you’ll feel in complete control of your daily workload. For starters, an embedded 4G LTE modem comes standard in every 2019 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van at our Union County NJ dealership location, so your team can connect up to 10 mobile devices for a seamless work experience.
There are also several available features debuting and returning for this van. Among them are:
- Wireless phone charging
- 6.5″ floating touchscreen radio with SYNC 3 for handling calls, texts & directions to the job site
- FordPass for monitoring the driver location, fuel levels, tire pressure & more of small fleets
- MyKey programmable ignition key for presetting warnings, vehicle speed limits & maximum audio volume
- Redesigned front seats with new seat foam for added comfort
Staying Safe on the Job
We know that the weather can vary in Central NJ from the snow & slushy roads in the winter to the rainy streets and loads of traffic during all parts of the day. That’s why we’re happy to say that the 2019 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van has even more driver-assistance features!
Just a few of the standard and available safety technologies for this work van include:
- Automatic Emergency Braking that’ll slow down the vehicle or even bring it to a stop to prevent a collision
- Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection to help avoid accidents with a car or person crossing your Transit Connect’s path
- Side Wind Stabilization to keep your van on the right path
- Rearview camera to see what’s behind you and help park on small town Main Streets & urban areas
- Blind Spot Information System with Cross-Traffic Alert to make driving in multi-lane highway traffic so much simpler
- Lane Keeping System to ensure your Transit Connect doesn’t drift out of its lane
Adaptive Cruise Control to automatically keep a set distance from the vehicle ahead of you
An astounding 97% of the Ford Transit Connect models that have been sold in the past 10 years are still on the road. And by committing to the 2019 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van for your company, you know it’ll be a wise investment.
Contact Salerno Duane Ford today to learn more about this work van or schedule an appointment to test drive and customize one that’s right for your business needs at our Summit, New Jersey dealership location!