The Ford Edge has been one of the most popular SUVs at our dealership because it’s an ideal choice for families looking for a safe vehicle and for people without kids who want some added room for their favorite things. The 2019 edition maintains this legacy and adds to it in a few ways.
For starters, the 2019 Ford Edge will now have 2 new trim levels that might be right for you. The ST is an all-new model driven by high-performance driving similar to its Focus ST & Fiesta ST siblings, while the Titanium Elite takes the crown as being the Edge’s most top-of-the-line option.
There are also some new features added to the Edge’s lineup that you’ll enjoy. With that being said, let’s take a look at what’s new for the 2019 Ford Edge.
2019 Ford Edge ST
Designed for those who want to superior driving performance around town or on highways like the Parkway, the Turnpike and 78, the Ford Edge ST provides added power, smoother handling and quicker braking. There’s a 2.7L twin-turbocharged EcoBoost engine, delivering 335 horsepower and 380 lb/ft of torque, under the hood that’s paired with quick-shifting 8-speed automatic transmission.
There are other features onboard to help enhance your ride when you feel like taking this Edge to its limit. They include:
- AWD with selectable traction control to handle inclement weather
- ST-tuned sport suspension to handle whatever pedal you put to the metal
- Steering wheel-mounted SelectShift paddle shifters for manually shifting
- Sport Mode for sharper engine braking, more resonant exhaust tone and more aggressive throttle response & shifting patterns
- Wide mesh grille for optimal cooling
- Unique Edge ST seating with additional bolstering for extra comfort on harsh turns
- Deep side skirts, dual-exhaust outlets, optional unique 21” wheels & exclusive design cues on the steering wheel, seat backs & scuff plates for a more muscular appearance
- Optional performance brake package
2019 Ford Edge Titanium Elite
You can’t get any more luxurious than the Ford Edge Titanium Elite. The distinct features you can get in this trim include:
- Body-colored front/rear bumpers, front lower fascia & side cladding
- More premium rear skid plate
- Unique 20” bright-machined aluminum wheels with premium dark stainless-painted pockets
This just adds to the Titanium’s standard amenity lineup that also contains the SYNC 3 infotainment system, 12-speaker Sony audio system, leather-trimmed sport heated front bucket seats, foot-activated hands-free liftgate, memory function for the outside mirrors and much more.
3 New Safety Features
When it comes to giving you peace of mind, the 2019 Ford Edge does just that because of the updated technology lineup it has to offer. Firstly, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Lane Centering is now available to assist in maintaining a comfortable driving distance between you & the vehicle in front of you while keeping the Edge centered in your lane.
Next comes innovative Evasive Steering Assist that acts as an aid to drive around stopped or slowed-down vehicles to avoid an accident at city and highway speeds with radar & a camera to help. Finally, Post-Collision Braking applies moderate brake pressure when a collision is imminent in order to reduce the impact & injury of an accident.
These 3 features are added to the Edge’s suite of safety technologies that’s also comprised of:
- Forward Collision Warning with Dynamic Brake Support
- Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection
- Blind Spot Information System with Cross-Traffic Alert
- Lane-Keeping Alert & Lane-Keeping Assist
- Auto High Beams
- Hill-Start Assist
- AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control & Curve Control
- 911 Assist
Want to know more about the 2019 Ford Edge? Contact Salerno Duane Ford in Summit NJ to know when this SUV will be arriving to the Union County area!