For over 50 years, the Mustang has been the epitome of what a sports car is. Over the year, this model has evolved to keep up with the look, feel and features that you desire.
And the 2018 Ford Mustang is no different. Not only is there an improved look on the outside, but there’s also some new and enhanced technologies on the inside.
These changes apply to both the fastback coupe and convertible versions of the Mustang. With that being said, let’s take an in-depth look at what’s new for Central New Jersey drivers in the 2018 edition.
Updated Design Cues
When you look at the 2018 Ford Mustang, you’ll see that it’s sleeker than its predecessor. That’s because of features such as:
- Remodeled hood with repositioned vents & grille that are lower to the ground
- Revised LED taillamps, rear bumper, rear fascia & optional performance spoiler in the back
- Standard all-LED front lights with signature lighting, low-beams, turn signals, efficient projector high-beams & optional fog lamps
Not only do these changes result in a more muscular look, they also help improve the aerodynamics of the vehicle. There are also 3 all-new exterior color choices added to the mix and 12 alloy wheel designs available, so you can get the pony car you desire.
Inside, you’ll find the following appearance enhancements:
- New hand-stitched center console wrap with contrast stitching
- Padded knee bolsters
- Aluminum-finished door handles, rings & bezels
- Restyled seating surfaces with new patterns & color choices
- Updated Mustang badge on the instrument panel
Many Ford Mustang Firsts For 2018
Besides the vehicle’s appearance, the 2018 Ford Mustang gives you plenty of firsts that you’ll find useful while driving in Central New Jersey.
For starters, you can get a 12” all-digital LCD screen in the dashboard that can be personalized with 3 separate views: normal, sport & track mode.
Another mode that people are talking about is the all-new Mustang MyMode. This technology comes with a memory function that allows you to save your favorite drive settings such as suspension & steering preferences.
Speaking of technology, there are a number of Mustang-first safety features that are available for the 2018 edition. Among them that help prevent accidents are:
- Pre-Collision Assist with pedestrian detection to automatically apply the brakes as you approach a person on the road even at night
- Lane-departure warning & lane-keeping assist to alert you when you drift out of your lane on roads like the Parkway, Turnpike and 287
- Driver Alert System that gives you audible & visual warnings to help you slow down your Mustang before a collision occurs
One distinct feature you’ll find in the new Mustang is the pulsing start button. Inspired by the heartbeat of an adult resting Mustang horse, the ignition button pulses red when the doors are unlocked and until the engine is started at 30 beats per minute.
Also enhancing your car’s performance is the available 10-speed automatic transmission that provides faster shift times, superior low-speed tip-in response and significantly reduced friction losses vs the previous 6-speed. MagneRide damper technology, which is available for the Mustang Performance Package, optimizes your ride & handling in all situations.
If you opt for the 2018 Ford Mustang GT, then you can get the optional active valve exhaust system. This fun feature gives you a fully variable soundtrack to match the entire acceleration range of this model.
To find out more about the 2018 Ford Mustang and see which model is right for your driving needs and budget in the Union County NJ area, please contact Salerno Duane Ford in Summit today!