For 10 years, the Ford Edge has been the first choice for families looking for a midsize crossover SUV that fits all of their belongings, gives all family members plenty of room, equips advanced features and helps them stay on budget.
There are so many reasons to consider the 2017 Ford Edge over other popular models if you’re looking for a midsize SUV in the Union County, New Jersey area. Here are a few that truly stand out.
1. Fuel Economy
We know that driving the family around plus taking your daily commute could mean burning at least one full tank of gas per week. The 2017 Ford Edge lessens that burden in your bank account since it’s capable of getting up to an EPA-estimated 29 mpg on the highway and 21 mpg in the city.
That’s more gas savings than what’s offered in midsize SUVs like the 2017 Nissan Murano, 2017 Honda Pilot and 2017 Toyota Highlander.
2. SYNC® 3
Coming standard in the 2017 Ford Edge Sport and Titanium trims, Ford-exclusive SYNC 3 is the ultimate in-vehicle command center for convenient use while driving. That’s because you can use simple real-world voice commands or lightly press the touchscreen display to control the radio, navigation system and Bluetooth.
You can also seamlessly integrate your smartphone into your vehicle via either Android Auto with access to Google or Apple CarPlay with access to Siri. With SYNC 3, you also get SYNC AppLink that lets you use your favorite mobile apps and SYNC Connect that allows you to track your Edge’s location & remotely access several vehicle features via FordPass.
3. 2017 Ford Edge Sport
We know that you might need to take a break from the family once in a while and may want to put the pedal to the metal on roads like the Garden State Parkway, NJ Turnpike and 24/78 or test the limits of your SUV around town. That’s where the Ford Edge Sport comes in.
This trim features:
- Adaptive steering for superior handling
- Sport-tuned suspension for a better feel behind the wheel
- Intelligent AWD for more control in any driving condition
- Piano Black grille with Magnetic accent, dual exhaust, unique headlamp appearance and body-color front/rear lower fascia & lower cladding for a sporty look
- 2.7L EcoBoost V6 delivering 315 horsepower & 350 lb/ft of torque for optimal performance
4. Keeping Your Family Safe
You take your whole family into consideration when purchasing or leasing a new SUV. That includes the safety features that you get to help minimize injury if a collision occurs such as 8 standard airbags and optional inflatable rear safety belts.
Driver-assist technologies are also offered to aid in the prevention of accidents on the road. Among them are:
- Standard rear view camera
- 180-degree front camera with a lens washer so your view isn’t obstructed
- Enhanced active park assist with perpendicular parking
- Adaptive cruise control for highway driving
- Collision Warning with brake support
These are just 4 of the reasons to choose the 2017 Ford Edge and Salerno Duane Ford has them here at at Summit, New Jersey dealership location. Contact us today to learn more or schedule a test drive!