The 2018 Ford F-150 has debuted and boy, is this pickup truck impressive!
The 2018 Ford F-150 is designed to be even tougher, more capable and smarter than other pickup trucks in the Central New Jersey area. This is evident by a number of improvements made and new features available.
For starters, there are 4 new engine choices offered for the F-150 in the 2018 model year. Each provides top-notch capability and offers a different driving experience to fit your needs.
- 3.3L V6 (282 hp & 253 lb/ft of torque) with direct injection for added efficiency
- 2.7L EcoBoost with advanced dual port & direct injection tech for improved all-around performance
- 5.0L V8 with increased power & torque
- 3.0L Power Stroke diesel, the first diesel engine for the F-150
Not only does the F-150 offers the segment’s first 10-speed transmission, but is also the first to full-size pickup to have automatic start/stop as a standard feature. This tech lowers fuel consumption by actually turning the engine off when the truck is stopped at a light or in bumper-to-bumper traffic.
Updated Features in the 2018 Ford F-150
What’s New Inside
Let’s take a look inside first at some all-new options for this pickup, like the embedded 4G LTE modem that becomes a WiFi hotspot for up to 10 devices for business or play.
If you love listening to music, you’ll enjoy the B&O PLAY audio system that uses high-end speakers, sound and tuning to make the inside of your 2018 F-150 sound like a studio.
The new Ford F-150 adds a couple of advanced safety technologies to help prevent an accident on the road: Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection & Adaptive Cruise Control with stop-and-go functionality.
Rugged & Functional Design
The 2018 Ford F-150 receives an even tougher look with updated design cues like the grille, headlamps, taillamps, bumpers and tailgate. There are also 6 new wheel design options ranging from 17” to 22”.
The toughness matches the body improvements made to this truck, which is made of high-strength military-grade aluminum alloy. The result is an increase in towing and payload capabilities.
There are also a variety of new exterior & interior options as well. They include:
- Dark Marsala seating trim on the F-150 Platinum
- Navy Pier seating trim on the F-150 Limited
- Carbon fiber appearance appliques on the F-150 XLT Sport & Lariat Sport
- Kingsville Appointed seats on the F-150 King Ranch
- Horizontal element in the tailgate applique on the F-150 King Ranch, Platinum & Limited
- Body-colored signature twin bars on the F-150 Lariat with the Sport Package
Please contact our team to learn more about the new-and-improved 2018 Ford F-150 & when it’ll be arriving to our Union County NJ showroom location in Fall 2017!