One of the most popular SUVs on the market is the Ford Explorer, which is evident by a MaritzCX study stating that the Sport trim has the highest percentage of Gen X buyers over any other non-luxury brand midsize SUV.
The 2017 Ford Explorer continues this legacy, along with its adventurous spirit that takes up to 7 passengers almost anywhere your heart desires on and off the road.
One reason is because the Intelligent 4WD System is available with Hill Descent Control to let you go downhill at a constant speed that you can set & maintain.
The onboard Terrain Management System gives you maximum traction & control on:
- Roads whether they’re dry, wet, icy or slushy
- Snow that we usually get thanks to our Central Jersey winters
- Mud found in the woods or on campsites
- Sand like the ones near Jersey Shore beaches
- Grass & Gravel that you might encounter on your property or elsewhere
There are also 3 engines you can choose from when you shop for the 2017 Ford Explorer at our Union County NJ dealership location. Each of them give you an exhilarating driving experience and all the power you need to bring anything along for the ride.
In fact, this year’s Explorer can tow up to 5,000 lbs. That’s enough for a boat, camper or a trailer with your favorite toys.
2017 Ford Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package
A new-for-2017 option, the Ford Explorer XLT Sport Appearance Package gives you that athletic and rugged look that you desire inside and out. Among the features offered are:
- Magnetic Gray grille, 20” wheels, mirror caps & rear appliqué
- Ebony Black body side cladding for a sleek contrast to the Magnetic Gray design cues
- Black roof rack for bringing bikes, kayaks and more along for the ride
- Explorer hood badge & logo floor mats
- Dark Earth Gray leather front seats
To delve a bit further into the front seats, you’ll also get matching Dark Earth Gray Miko® suede for seat back uppers & inserts with Umber scrim. Umber contrast stitching is also used, along with outer bolsters made by premium leather maker Salerno… no relation to us.
There are so many options you can get at our Summit dealership location that make your 2017 Ford Explorer driving experience more convenient including SYNC 3 that now has Apple CarPlay & Android Auto compatibility. This means you can integrate your smartphone to get directions, use voice control to make & receive calls and send texts, listen to music & more.
Please contact Salerno Duane Ford in Summit to learn more about the 2017 Ford Explorer and to schedule a test drive!