The Ford Escape has been providing drivers with amazing tech for years including a hands-free foot-activated liftgate, Intelligent 4WD and a Blind Spot Information System. And the 2017 Ford Escape will be no different for Central New Jersey drivers.
That’s because the same features that make the 2016 edition such a hit will be returning for 2017. However, there are a few all-new amenities that you should know about when looking at the Ford Escape.
2 EcoBoost Engines
If you’re looking to save on gas, then one of these fun-to-drive engines is right for you:
- 1.5L EcoBoost engine (179 hp, up to 30 mpg highway)
- 2.0L twin-scroll turbocharged EcoBoost engine (245 hp, up to 29 mpg highway)
That’s because both come standard with Auto Start-Stop technology, which shuts off emissions during common vehicle stops. This means the Escape will burn no fuel while you’re waiting at a light, which is great when driving around town.
Both of these engines are available in the 2017 Ford Escape SE and Titanium trims.
If you want to stay more connected to your new Escape, the SYNC Connect app is the way to go since this feature lets you do the following from an app on your smartphone:
- Start the vehicle & schedule specific times to start it
- Lock or unlock the doors
- Locate your vehicle
- Get vital statistics like fuel level & approximate mileage
We explained SYNC Connect and FordPass technology more in depth in a previous blog post.
Advanced Safety Features
You can get peace of mind when driving the 2017 Ford Escape around the Central NJ area and beyond because of the use of many all-new safety features. Among them are:
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Warning & Brake Support to detect vehicles in front of you & slow down appropriately to their speed when activated
- Driver Alert System to provide a visual warning in the center cluster to let you know when you’re driving while tired
- Lane-Keeping System to help alert and guide you when the Escape is drifting out of its lane when driving on the highway
- Enhanced Active Park Assist that aids in getting into and out of regular & parallel parking spots through automatic steering
We have an amazing selection of 2017 Ford Escape models at our Union County dealership location in Summit that contain these innovative technologies. Contact our team today to schedule a test drive!