Since 1991, the Ford Explorer has been satisfying more than 7 million drivers across the country because of its combination of reliability, updated feature suite and capability both on and off the road.
With the 2015 Ford Explorer models offered at our Central Jersey dealership location, you can expect the very same. Whether you’re looking to tow as much as 5,000 lbs on back or secure your favorite playthings to the roof, the Explorer is able to take pretty much whatever you want along for the ride.
There’s also enough room for 7 passengers inside. Alternatively, you can put the back rows down for even more cargo room. There’s 21.0 cubic feet behind the third row, 43.8 cubic feet behind the second row and 80.7 cubic feet behind the front row.
The 2015 Explorer is also feature packed. Some of the highlights of what’s available in this SUV include SYNC® with MyFord Touch® for the very most of in-car connectivity, trailer sway control and an array of safety technologies to help prevent crashes & minimize injuries during them
2015 Ford Explorer: What’s New
Not much is new for the Explorer. Three new color options are available for the 2015 Ford Explorer SUVs available at our Union County NJ dealership location: Bronze Fire Metallic Tinted Clearcoat, Caribou Metallic & Magnetic Metallic.
We also thought that you should know about the available appearance package for the XLT trim. Upgrades that will have your neighbors turning heads include:
- Black body-side cladding & roof-rack rails
- Leather-trimmed heated seats with Miko® suede inserts & contrast stitching
- Unique badging on the hood badge, body-colored door handles & floor mats
- 20” machined-aluminum wheels with painted pockets
- Magnetic Metallic-colored painted grille, mirror caps & liftgate appliqué
2016 Ford Explorer: What’s Coming
The 2016 Ford Explorer made its debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show and what an impact that it’s made already! So many new updates were revealed at this event, including a 2.3L EcoBoost four-cylinder engine will be replacing the 2.0L EcoBoost four-cylinder. The result will be an increase in both power (270 hp vs 240 hp) and torque (at least 300 lb/ft vs 270 lb/ft).
There’s also a new trim coming in 2016: the Ford Explorer Platinum. You’ll see style inside and out with the Platinum since it provides the follow upgrades:
- Nirvana leather multicontour front seats with micro-perforation
- Wood-trimmed leather-wrapped heated steering wheel w/ a brushed aluminum Ford center oval
- Brushed aluminum & satin-finished ash wood appliqués on the instrument & door panels
- 500-watt Sony Audio System with Live Acoustics & Clear Phase technology for concert-like sound
- 10″ digital display & supporting analog displays in the instrument panel
- Distinct stitching throughout the interior
- Dual-panel moonroof
- Silver front & rear skid plate elements
- 20″ wheels w/ bright machine face & tarnished dark painted pockets
- LED headlamps w/ signature lighting
- Soot-reducing exhaust w/ chrome bezel
- Enhanced active park assist w/ perpendicular park assist, park-out assist & semi-automatic parallel parking
- Enhanced lane-keeping system & rain-sensing wipers
Wide-angle front & rear cameras with washers, front & rear smart-charging USB ports, a hands-free liftgate, active grille shutters, intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™ and other new interior & exterior design cues are among the other upgrades to expect in the 2016 Ford Explorer once it arrives.
There’s so much to explore when seeing this SUV in person. We’re here to answer any questions you may have about both the 2015 and 2016 Ford Explorer, so feel free to use the form below or give us a call to inquire further about this amazing vehicle!